This April 29, 1943 photograph shows the arrival of the first members of the 727th Women’s Auxiliary Army Corps (WAAC) Post Headquarters Company at the Randolph Field railroad station (right). The main track runs at the left behind the WAACs. At the upper left is the Outpost "drinking establishment" and in the distance are the “tar paper shacks” on East Aviation Boulevard. (USAF)