top of page
This photo, which was scanned from the May 10, 1957 Landsberg Bavarian newspaper, shows how the base appeared in 1945. The two-engine airplanes parked in the middle appear to be Martin B-26 Marauders, which were sent to Landsberg for disposal after the end of the war. Wartime damage to the base can be seen at the upper left. Except for this damage and more off the edge of the photo to the upper left, the rest of the base was in relatively good shape, despite being bombed five times.
bottom of page